Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Muses:

To start off, I got that mneumonic CCUTETEMP stuck in my brain. "I see cuteness only temporarily."  I got the names down that way, but I have two issues: first I need to place them in a memory palace, and secondly I can't remember how to spell them. So, here is what I have so far...

I am using the Haufbrau as my palace-  I walk in the door and move right.  In the first booth Calliope (my friends are standing in for the visual images of the muses' faces; this is Carly) is sitting in the first booth with a thick, blue phone-book open to a page that says HOPE on it.  Sitting with her, is Clio (Chelsey) is carving date 1-10 into the table with a knife.  Looking left, Urania (Kaila) is laying on her back on the high-top staring at the ceiling telling me about the astrological signs. Then Terpsichore (Jill) is dancing with a bunch of turtles (choir of terps) while Euterpe (Meg) plays the flute on stage for the turles; she is the Pied Piper of turtles. Everyone laughs, but I have been here a while and am thirsty so I got to the register and by the pole I see Thalia (Tia) holdin on to the blue post by the register.  She looks funny because the floor is slanted.  I get a drink, take a big gulp (its good and I can feel it cooling my throat) and when I look back at the music I see the poster of Erato (actual picture of Venus/ Aphrodite goddess of love) behind Euterpe. But Euterpe's song has gotten sad and I hear someone crying over by the bathroom.  I go to see who it is since I have to pee from the beer anyway, and I see Melpomene ('Poor Mel with Pomme' or 'Potatoe') has lost a game of pool.  The pool-table is covered with potatoes instead of pool-balls and Polyhymnia (Amy) is making crosses out of the pool-cues in the glow of the cigarette machine.

I think that'll work.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment