Monday, January 23, 2012

So, I have been doing some thinking about these first memory excercises and here is what I have come up with.

For the list of items from "Moonwalking" I decided to take a cue from Foer and put them in my parent's house. I started as he suggests with the Pickled Garlic in the driveway and the move to the front door where there is a kiddie pool full of Cottage Cheese.  Then I walk in the house.
-enter living room-
Peat Smoked Salmon: on a cherry table a Salmon smoking a peat cigar
Six Bottles of White Wine: on the white couch opposite (singing drunkenly)
Socks (3x): hanging on the lamp wet and smelling as they warm
-move to the next room-
Three Hula-Hoops (spare?): being tossed at a...
Snorkel: the first two hoops shatter like glass so the third is a spare
-next room-
Dry Ice Machine: There is an old, wood icebox in the corner already
E-mail Sophia: this one is tough but as long as I see the soap bubbles coming out of the ice machine and look right (there is a picture of my hometowns street layout on the wall) I think I got it.
Skin-tonned cat suit: on top of the ice box is a stereo playing 'Cat Scratch fever' while a girl in costume dances on the pool table (left)
-look past the pool table-
Find Paul Newman film- Somebody Up There Likes Me: the tv on a shelf above the bar has the Movie 'Hud' playing on it.
Elk Sausages??: on the wall next to the tv is a hanging elk antler which reminds me that I am hungry so I walk around the pool table but before I can go behind the bar to check in the fridge my nephew...
Megaphone and Director's Chair: is yelling at me incoherently into his empty cup while...
Harness and Ropes: my other nephew gets drug through the kitchen behind my parents dog who bar-ks and the temperature drops
Barometer.

I will post my muses when I get out of class today.

No comments:

Post a Comment