Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Bedroom: complications of moving

I recently moved into a new house and actually considered utilizing it for the final presentation of my musey-room until I decided it didn't hold enough meaning yet.  Anyway, I wanted to relate a few stories I have accrued so far which have tested my memory.

For starters, I am usually very good at remembering where I put things in bags and boxes, but what became puzzling was the why of where things ended up.  For instance, my toothpaste made it in with the dishes but my tooth brush got in with the other toiletries.  Why this differentiation for two things that are requisite of eachother? Well, I missed the toothpaste on the first pass, so I simply threw it in with an open box of dishes. Sounds pretty easy to explain. 

But, what if someone else would have had to unpack my stuff?  They may have been confused when they found socks and scissorrs in the same pocket of the luggage bag which contained my dress shirts and work boots.  I think it would be funny to watch someone try to navigate through all the boxes to re-assemble all my stuff to a logical order in a room. And the strangest part was that I didn't unpack for almost a week, and yet all the strange packing choices I made still stuck in my brain. Car care bled into library, and school and music got all mixed up being that they are used more than almost anything else.  The only items that retained a measurable amount of segregation in the move were those from the kitchen.

Another test of my memory in my new environment came when I miss placed my coffee for about 20 minutes.  I made the coffee, took two sips and set it down.  Then I walked away to get ready to run to school.  (incidently, this is why I have been consistantly late for everything lately)  Inevitably, I walked out of my room and realized I had to change over my laundry, and then it was back to my room to find my sunglasses.  Then, it became, "Where the hell is my coffee! I just had it?" So, it was back to the coffee maker, open the fridge for milk, check the bathroom (no i didn't go in there), living room (don't see it from where I'm standing), back to the kitchen, laundry?... nope. humm... (insert appropriate curse word) Check the time and now I'm late. (explitive) Time? Oh yeah! I had checked the time when I was sitting in my recliner in the living room and I set my coffee on the floor so it wouldn't spill on my computer while I checked today's weather.  Bob's your Uncle, grab the joe, and out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment